Overview of PrivateVPN
- In 2009 PrivateVPN was founded in Stockholm, Sweden. The full name of the company is Private Kommunikation Sverige AB. Then the company was originally named as PrivateVPN.se. The name of this VPN provider itself implies that it is stacked with some excellent privacy and security features.
- PrivateVPN is a Swedish-based VPN provider. They were using as their company logo a shield with a lock in the middle.It is the top-notch VPN service provider which provides optimum privacy and lightening connection in an easy-to-use interface.
- This PrivateVPN confirms its users that they are protected against hackers and other snoopers. All of the data that goes out of network is encrypted so that user information remains private whether they are on a private or public connection.
- From anywhere in the world it offers the highest level of security, privacy, and stable connection. It gives uninterrupted VPN service that is 24 hours a day with a reasonable price.
- A user can look forward to enjoying an open internet with PrivateVPN. Why! Because the service affords them access to content from any part of the world while making certain that they remain anonymous on the web.
- PrivateVPN is an attractive option for all those people who are regular streamers of content and look forward to tightening up security during their browsing.
- PrivateVPN is equipped with numerous VPN protocols. Faultlessly these serve to link devices to VPN servers. The application provides a number of ways to ensure that the users connect without fail to a global network of IP addresses.
- The service of SaferVPN allows the user to surf privately, access blocked sites, and protect themselves from cyber scams, hackers, government monitoring, and snoopers.
- PrivateVPN offers services that include a full-featured app. It also offers an impressive range of server locations that span the globe. It works well with applications like Netflix and most of the streaming services.
- It also takes into account maintenance of your privacy and is available at a very attractive price point.Effective customer service. SaferVPN services are compatible with all major devices like Windows, Android, Mac, iOS, and routers. Along with that, it provides users all total protection no matter which electronic paraphernalia they employ to connect to the internet.
- PrivateVPN supports a variety of protocols like other VPNs including open VPN and their encryption is top-notch. Overall it is a great facility for security, anonymity, and streaming movies but its refund policy and customer support could be better.
Let us now look at the pros and cons of this SaferVPN.
- PrivateVPN has some brilliant features. Customers were really pleased with the overall security of their servers. It is safe and secure. It does not have a ton of features to offer but you can be assured that their security is rock-solid.
- It is well encrypted. What kind of encryption they use and how strong is it? It is the question that comes to every customer’s mind. Let me clear they use the default OpenVPN cipher Blowfish with 128 bit CBC encryption for the TAP. With TUN they also use AES-256 and SHA256 which is for HMAC authentication.
- If we consider their FAQ page this is the top-of-the-line security that not even a brute-force attack can break through. So customers can definitely trust their data in this kind of encryption.
- With PrivateVPN torrenting is allowed. Which means you are free to connect with others to move the large files like movies, music, or software. So the use of this VPN will protect your security as well as your privacy also.
- For customers, this PrivateVPN is easy to use and install. They provide an installation guide no matter in which device or computer you are looking to install it on. Also, you can get the installation guide right from the home page.
- It has a convenient customer support. As compared to others it is inexpensive long-term pricing. Its price is relatively cheap and easy to understand.
- Generally, personal traffic is encrypted and transmitted through the internet strongly. These things keep you safe from a lot of internet threats.
- PrivateVPN makes it difficult for hackers to see or interfere with your personal and business communications.
- Without worrying about hackers you can go on public WIFI and you can connect to a remote server securely.
- You can be anonymous on the web with such a high level of security.
There are lots of great things about PrivateVPN. There having amazing encryption, it is easy to use and they also provide installation guides to customers. But there are also little things that are not so great about their service.
- The worst thing is they might be selling your data to third parties. In their private policies, they mentioned that third parties might analyse our site data. In that case, they can give them non-identifiable information. These things are to improve their site and marketing and only for internal use.
- The security protocol can be difficult to set up first depending on the type of VPN. If it is not done correctly then security flaws will happen.
- It has inconsistent server speeds. Every VPN provider talks about its high speed like they are the fastest in the world but you can’t trust them at face value. So you have to test and verify yourself.
- It has only few configuration options. No built-in firewalland no IP binding.
We have had a brief look at the features of PrivateVPN in the overview section. Now, let us move ahead and know some other features of the same.
- It has six simultaneous connections.
- Pricing is affordable in case of PrivateVPN.
- Including American Netflix twelve Netflix regions unblocked.
- It has 248bit encryption with AES-256.
- PrivateVPN provides unlimited bandwidth, speed, and server switches.
- The most worthy feature of PrivateVPN is the wide variety of connection protocols that it offers. Although all VPN involves tunnelling encrypted traffic through a remote server, there are different encryption protocols ranging from relative newcomers.
- Around the world, PrivateVPN operates over 80 servers in 55 locations. They are giving users a relatively wide choice of connectivity options although overall this is still a small server network.
- PrivateVPN provides both IPV6 and DNS leak protection. Even though it is not yet universal, IPV6 can cause leaks which give away both user’s location and allow traffic to be intercepted by those monitoring the network.
- PrivateVPN features a kill switchfeature which automatically blocks the internet connection if in case the VPN link goes down.
PrivateVPN provides one of the best deals in the market that is the 30-day money back guarantee. It is a very good deal because if you commit to the service and find that there is something you just don’t like about it then you can back outand get a full refund within the first month of subscribing to them.
PrivateVPN provides 3 main plans that are 1month, 3month, and 1year plans.
- The one month package includes $8.21 per month. Per year this comes out to be $98.52.
- The three months package includes $5.63 per month. Per year this comes out to be $67.56.
- The one year package includes $4.15 per month. Per year this comes out to be $49.80. With this plan the company also offering a 13th month free.
PrivateVPN show and tell quite clear that they neither keep logs nor share their clients’ details with third parties. PrivateVPN is one of the best no-log VPN providers on the market. PrivateVPN has some brilliant features. Customers were really pleased with the overall security of their servers. It is safe and secure. It does not have a ton of features to offer but you can be assured that their security is rock-solid.
Speed & Performance
PrivateVPN has a lot of servers across the globe. So users can access any one of these to enjoy extremely fast browsing, steaming, and gaming speeds. They only need the automatic connection to one to access the unlimited bandwidth. The speed application has to offer or they can manually switch between these IP addresses and servers to better suit their purposes.
Service of PrivateVPN is available in many countries which includes the UK, USA, and Canada. You can enjoy the privacy and protection offered by PrivateVPN within 80+ servers’ locations in 56 countries. Whenever you are online whether at home or travelling the world you can use this network service. At any time you can change your server location and you can connect through any of their locations. But some countries like China restriction is there. You can connect only through L2TP VPN.
Even if the company includes free support as standard to its users, but what this company provides is limited than some competitors. This company has done a stellar job of creating some excellent support documentation, person to person communication is limited.We have got a mixed response when it comes to the customer. No doubt it is fast, as we talked about earlier. The email support is extremely responsive but no live chat or phone support options at all.